Service and UX designer
Colorfy is looking for a junior- to mid-level service and UX designer to join our cross-disciplinary, IoT design team. We seek those who are passionate about both analog and digital product design, with a critical eye and exceptional taste. Candidates should be comfortable working across the full spectrum of the design process, from client workshops, brainstorms, interaction and service design to implementation.
Colorfy solves complex challenges in digital design, strategy and development. Our B2B consultancy helps clients launch innovative connected products and services that have a meaningful impact on the world.
We aim to find the best and most direct way to build rewarding, cherished experiences, so we’re looking for someone who keenly listens to customer requirements and can transpose them into tangible ideas. You also need to understand user behavior in-depth and be able to conceptualize a design to deliver exceptional, singular user experiences.
- Research and define the needs of the user. Using this, you’ll conceptualize how people would interact with the products and services we design.
- Lead client workshops and creative brainstorms, and develop interaction and service design definitions.
- Apply design principles that are user-centred. You will need to validate design decisions using qualitative and quantitative data.
- Articulately communicate concept design, detailed product design and optimization to both clients and internal colleagues.
- Illustrate the narrative of design solutions. Verbally and visually clarify research findings, conceptual ideas and more detailed, developed designs.
REQUIREMENTS (qualifications below)
- At least 2-4 years of in-depth experience in interaction design and service sesign.
- A deep understanding of fundamental visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, color, composition, layout, etc.).
- Knowledge of industry-standard applications – Adobe Creative Suite and newer tools like Sketch, etc.
- A high awareness of current trends in IoT and product design.
- An ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and other designers if necessary.
- Proficient in creating user journeys and service blueprints, information architecture, interaction schemas, flows and wireframes.
- Experience with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper ideally to physical prototyping.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- A fluent command of English is a must as our melting-pot team operates in English. German is a definite plus, however.
- Interest in design research is a plus.
- Compelling and challenging projects with other startups, multinational corporate clients, and everything in between.
- Lively, international team and friendly work atmosphere.
- Five weeks paid vacation.
- A BVG Monatskarte for your public transport pleasure.
- Employee stock option plan.
- A yearly professional development budget – supplement your education on us!
- Unlimited tea and coffee, a refreshed-weekly fruit basket and other snacks.
- Modern office located in the heart of Berlin (Mitte).
If the above sounds like you, and you want to be a part of our amazing team, let’s chat. Email Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject.