Rapid prototyper (industrial designer/engineer)
Colorfy is looking for a competent and enthusiastic junior- to mid-level prototyper/industrial designer/engineer to join our diverse design team. We seek candidates who are passionate about product design — both analog and — with a critical eye and exceptional taste. Candidates should be comfortable working across the full spectrum of the design process with a focus on prototyping/workshop, and enjoy getting their hands dirty.
The talent we are looking for has the ability to create working and visually complete physical prototypes, has experience working with rapid prototyping technologies (3D Print, CNC…) and is interested in electronics.
Colorfy solves complex challenges in digital design, strategy and development. Our B2B consultancy helps clients launch innovative connected products and services that have a meaningful impact on the world. We aim to find the best and most direct way to build rewarding, cherished experiences.
- Manage the model-making and assembly processes for a variety of prototypes. This would include design prototypes and purely functional prototypes.
- Lead workshops to help clients and colleagues turn their ideas into prototypes.
- Work alongside designers and engineers, helping them to formulate ideas and then turn them into tangible concepts.
- Clearly communicate prototypes’ purposes, including from a design point of view.
- Working in iterations to define and adapt prototypes according to feedback.
REQUIREMENTS (qualifications below)
- A deep understanding of prototyping technologies and materials.
- A basic understanding of industry-standard applications – Adobe Creative Suite and newer tools like Sketch, etc.
- Experience working with electronic prototyping platforms.
- A solid knowledge of CAD Software (preferably Rhino), CAD/CAM is a plus.
- An ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Experience working in a creative field (with a team).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- 2-5 years of experience in product design and prototyping, and in-depth knowledge of the subject.
- Our office Lingua Franca is English, so fluency is a must. German is a definite advantage.
- Compelling and challenging projects with other startups, multinational corporate clients, and everything in between.
- Lively, international team and friendly work atmosphere.
- Five weeks paid vacation.
- A BVG Monatskarte for your public transport pleasure.
- Employee stock option plan.
- A yearly professional development budget – supplement your education on us!
- Unlimited tea and coffee, a refreshed-weekly fruit basket and other snacks.
- Modern office located in the heart of Berlin (Mitte).
If the above sounds like you, and you want to be a part of our amazing team, let’s chat. Email Laura at email@example.com with the job title in the subject.